The TOEFL iBT® Athletic Excellence Grant (AEG) Program is delivered by ETS Global BV for the TOEFL® Program. The project support student-athletes within Europe, the Middle East, and Africa who are on a journey to realize their athletic and academic potential by rewarding a total of FIVE student-athletes with a €5,000 grant for each recipient.
This program is for undergraduate student-athletes accepted and admitted into a sports athletic program between August 2023 and March 2024 at colleges and universities in the United States, Canada, Australia, the United Kingdom, and select universities in the European Union.
Purpose Of TOEFL iBT® Athletic Excellence Grant
The main aim of the TOEFL iBT® Athletic Excellence Grant is to support ambitious amateur athletes on their academic and athletic journey toward success by providing a €5,000 grant to high-performance student-athletes who demonstrate both Athletic Excellence and English Language Excellence.
TOEFL iBT® Athletic Excellence Grant values integrity, diversity, fairness, and high standards, with a global mission focused on helping hardworking individuals become their best version. The TOEFL® Program aims to reinforce these values by rewarding emerging young athletes who pursue AthleticXAcademic excellence. And you can be part of the emerging program!
Why Apply For The TOEFL iBT® Athletic Excellence Grant?
The TOEFL iBT® Athletic Excellence Grant represents the endless motivation, hard work, and perseverance that drive excellence. As an emerging student-athlete, you recognize the importance of pursuit and the power of education. Thus, you deserve to be rewarded for your efforts, and apply today for a chance to win €5K to support you on the road to excellence.
To successfully apply for the TOEFL iBT® Athletic Excellence Grant Program one must;
- Be a student-athlete who has been accepted and admitted into an academic OR athletic program starting between August 2023 and March 2024.
- Be a resident in the EMEA region
- Have attained a minimum overall TOEFL iBT score of at least 85.
- Be aged 18 years or older
- Be accepted to participate in the official collegiate sports team or athletic program of the university/college where you have been admitted
- Adhere to and comply with the Sports Ethics Code and the World Anti-doping Code.
- Submit an application form with all the supporting documentation.
How To Apply
To complete the application form, you will need to provide;
- A copy of your TOEFL iBT test score report.
- A copy of an acceptance letter from a university or college mentioning that you are or will be part of the athletic program and/or collegiate team of the university or college.
- A letter of motivation in English stating your reasons for applying for the grant.
- A letter of recommendation in English from a coach/ trainer.
Eligibility and/or participation in the Program does NOT guarantee success.
In order to assess and compare the applications received, ETS Global will appoint an Assessment Committee that will assess the applications and the relevant supporting documentation submitted in order to select the five recipients of the grant.
The assessment and selection procedure will consist of a three-step process;
Step 1: Applications are initially assessed according to the applicants’ eligibility and the completeness of the supporting documentation
Step 2: The motivation letters and the reference letters will be assessed. The motivation letter will be assessed based on the following evaluation criteria:
- What sport and which values does the applicant currently represent?
- How will the grant contribute to the applicant’s development within a sporting pathway?
- What are some previous achievements of the applicants that align with the values of the grant program AND what are the goals that they wish to pursue upon the provision of the grant?
Step 3: A maximum of fifteen (15) applicants will be selected and will be invited to an online interview.
Based on these three steps, the Assessment Committee will select the five recipients of the grant. The selected recipients of the grant will be notified of the decision via email, by receiving a letter of acceptance/offer, which will be sent to their email addresses.
TAKE THIS OPPORTUNITY, ANYWAY!