Juventus head coach Andrea Pirlo has revealed how he plans to play Cristiano Ronaldo in his new attack set-up once the forward recovers from coronavirus. On Sunday, the Bianconeri played out another disappointing 1-1 draw in the absence of their talisman Ronaldo.
Ronaldo, who tested positive for coronavirus on October 13, has been in isolation ever since then and has subsequently tested positive for a second time last week, which has kept him further away from taking part in Juventus fixtures so far. The Portuguese ace has missed Juve’s last three games. Still, the most worrying one is his possibility of missing their crucial Champions League clash against FC Barcelona at Turin on Wednesday.
Meanwhile, Cristiano’s absence has come back to hurt the Italian giants as they were only able to record one victory from those games without him. But following Paulo Dybala’s return to the squad this weekend and Alvaro Morata’s excellent form, fans are concerned how Andrea Pirlo could play them once Ronaldo returns.
Andrea Pirlo Reveals His New Attack Set-Up Plans With Cristiano Ronaldo
To make it clear to fans who wonder how he can play all the top attacking talents in the Juventus squad together, Andrea Pirlo has revealed his plans to plot Cristiano Ronaldo on the left side of a front three, which is the same position the superstar exploited throughout his peak time at Real Madrid and Manchester United.
“We are thinking to play them as a front-three,” Andrea Pirlo said as quoted by Gianluca Di Marzio. “With Ronaldo in his classic centre-left position.”
While on a press conference on Saturday, the Juve boss said Ronaldo is waiting for the results of another COVID-19 test. If he tests negative, the Champions League record scorer could face Barcelona on Wednesday at Allianz Stadium.
Juventus Hit With Another Injury Ahead Of The Barcelona Clash
Juventus have another injury to worry about in Leonardo Bonucci, who has been struggling with a fitness problem since last week’s 2-0 Champions League win over Dynamo Kyiv. The defender came off with 15 minutes remaining against Hellas Verona on Sunday night. So he could add to the already long list of absentees in Andrea Pirlo’s side.
“He had already something during the Kiev match,” Pirlo said over Bonucci’s injury scare. “We’ll evaluate.”
After going 1-0 down at the hour mark, substitute Dejan Kulusevski scored a brilliant equalizer for the Old Lady to salvage a point in Turin. The result saw the defending champions sit fifth on the standings with nine points from their opening five league games.
We can’t wait to see Cristiano Ronaldo back on the field to fit in Pirlo’s new attack set-up! Feel free to share your thoughts with us via our comments section below!